The Cinema & Gaming Committee of the Spotlight Programs Board selects the movies to screen in Cinefest, the 144-seat student-run movie theater. In operation since 1991, Cinefest screens show a wide variety of films for the community including cult classics, foreign films, documentaries, independent films and Atlanta premieres.
Fall Semester 2021 Line-up
- August 23-25: F9: The Fast Saga |3:00, 5:30, 8:00 p.m.
- August 30-September 1: The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard | 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- September 7-8: A Quiet Place II | 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- September 13-15: Cruella |3:00, 5:30, 8:00 p.m.
- September 20-22: In the Heights |3:00, 5:30, 8:00 p.m.
- September 27-29: The Forever Purge | 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- October 4-6: The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It | 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- October 11-13: Stillwater | 3:00, 5:30, 8:00 p.m.
- October 18-20: Old | 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- October 25-27: Black Widow | 3:00, 5:30, 8:00 p.m.
- November 1-3: Candyman | 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- November 8-10: CoCo |3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- November 15-17: Space Jam: A New Legacy |3:00, 5:00, 7:00 p.m.
- November 22-24: Thanksgiving/Fall Break
- November 29-December 1: Jungle Cruise |3:00, 5:30, 8:00 p.m.
- Admission is free with a valid Georgia State University student ID
- Faculty and staff: $3 with valid university ID
- General Admission: $5
- Credit and debit cards only.
All shows are general seating. The movie theater lobby opens 10 minutes prior to the scheduled screening. Seating is first-come, first-served.
Food and Beverages
Outside food or beverages are not permitted inside the theater. Popcorn, beverages, candy and snack items will be offered for purchase from the theater concession stand prior to and during movie operations.
We’re on the second floor of Student Center West on the Atlanta campus of Georgia State University in Suite 260. Our address is 66 Courtland Street, Atlanta, GA, 30303 and we’re easily accessible via the university’s bus transportation system. The campus is served by the Panther Express Shuttles and is easily accessible from all campus bus stops. For the most up-to-date bus schedules, please visit here.
Students, faculty and staff can park in their dedicated parking lots utilizing their existing permits. Visitor Parking is available Monday through Friday at M Deck, K Deck, S Deck, N Deck, and G Deck (after 4:00 p.m.) on a space-availability basis for a fee. During the first three weeks of Fall and Spring Semesters, visitor parking is very limited in all designated visitor locations. See parking map for more information.
Reserving the Theater
Campus departments and student organizations can reserve the movie theater for special programs and events. For more information see Venue Rental.