The Spotlight Programs Board selects the movies to screen in Cinefest, the 144-seat student-run movie theater. In operation since 1991, Cinefest screens show a wide variety of films for the community.
Fall 2022 Line-up
Show times are 3, 5 and 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and 3 and 5 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays unless specified otherwise.
- “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” August 22 -24
- “Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore” August 29-31
- “Everything Everywhere All At Once” September 6-7 (show times 3, 5:30 and 8 p.m.)
- “Lightyear” September 12-14
- “Jurassic World: Dominion” September 19-21
- “Elvis” September 26-28
- Thor: Love and Thunder, October 3-5
- Nope, October 10-12
- Minions: Rise of Gru, October 17-19
- Top Gun Maverick, October 24-26
- Beast (2022), October 31-November 2
- Where the Crawdads Sing, November 7-9
- Bullet Train, November 14-16
- Honk for Jesus, Save My Soul, November 28-30
- Admission is free with a valid Georgia State University student ID
- Faculty and staff: $3 with valid university ID
- General Admission: $5
- Credit and debit cards only.
All shows are general seating. The movie theater lobby opens 10 minutes prior to the scheduled screening. Seating is first-come, first-served.
Food and Beverages
Outside food or beverages are not permitted inside the theater. Popcorn, beverages, candy and snack items will be offered for purchase from the theater concession stand prior to and during movie operations.
We’re on the second floor of Student Center West on the Atlanta campus of Georgia State University in Suite 260. Our address is 66 Courtland Street, Atlanta, GA, 30303 and we’re easily accessible via the university’s bus transportation system. The campus is served by the Panther Express Shuttles and is easily accessible from all campus bus stops. For the most up-to-date bus schedules, please visit here.
Students, faculty and staff can park in their dedicated parking lots utilizing their existing permits. Visitor Parking is available Monday through Friday at M Deck, K Deck, S Deck, N Deck, and G Deck (after 4:00 p.m.) on a space-availability basis for a fee. During the first three weeks of Fall and Spring Semesters, visitor parking is very limited in all designated visitor locations. See parking map for more information.
Reserving the Theater
Campus departments and student organizations can reserve the movie theater for special programs and events. For more information see Venue Rental.